Using a discussion board
Kate Boardman, Learning Technologies Team, University of Durham
This teaching resource note, published in 2005, answers the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) surrounding the use of discussion boards and gives some examples of their use in learning and teaching activities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is a discussion board?
- What are the benefits of using a discussion board?
- Why might I use a discussion board?
- General queries
- Social discussion
- Book reviews
- Course feedback
- Role play exercises
- Can discussion board postings be assessed?
- How do you encourage use?
Last Modified: 4 June 2010